Now in business for over 15 years, Chimney Works of Connecticut has established a tradition of excellence, on-going industry training, and service—from cleaning, inspection, and consultation to design, construction/restoration and on-going maintenance. Through our holistic approach and education of the homeowner; we work hard to ensure your fireplaces, gas, pellet and wood burning appliances and air exchange systems in your home function efficiently, safely and smoothly.
Chirico has worked in specialized construction since 1982 and
exclusively in venting systems since 1996. Her experience includes
aircraft remodeling, commercial remodeling, landscape architecture, and
Marisa has had extensive technical and hands-on masonry training in the building of code-compliant of chimney systems and has studied and built the more refined designs of such aerodynamic, high efficiency open face fireplaces as the Priorfire box, Ortin, Rumford fireboxes which are known for their functional excellence and aethsetic beauty.
Marisa became certified as an expert gas hearth appliance specialist in 2003 and achieved Master Technician (Gas, Pellet, Wood) in 2005 through NFI, the educational division of the Hearth, Patio and Barbecue Association (HPBA).
Marisa also attended extensive classroom training and testing to certify as a F.I.R.E. Certified Inspector. These certifications require ongoing CEU work to maintain.
Her field experience and on-going training at the Pennsylvania College of Technology/ PA Masonry School, CSIA, NFI, F.I.R.E., NYSCSG workshops and Virginia Lime Works have led to a thorough understanding of the dynamics of modern construction, mechanical chimney systems and historic restoration.
- F-I-R-E Certified Inspector #090
- National Fireplace Institute (NFI): Gas Specialist #176890
- National Fireplace Institute (NFI): Wood Burning Specialist #14367
- National Fireplace Institute (NFI): Pellet Specialist #143676
- National Fireplace Institute (NFI): Master Hearth Technician #143676
- Chimney Safety Institute of America (CSIA): Certified Chimney Sweep #5133
- Advanced Training in Diagnosis and Documentation
- Graduate of the PA Masonry school 2001
- New York Regional Chimney Sweep Guild, Past Connecticut Area President 2005- 2007